Monday, May 23, 2011

Re:Fresh Noise


Broccoli & Noodles Mixtape Hosted By Don Cannon by JoiStaRR

JoiStarr is definitely bringing a new perspective to the game. I have to admit I checked her FRESH before I ever actually knew who she was. I was out on 6th St. in Downtown Austin one night and zeroed in on a girl wearing tutu paired with black Rodarte thigh high boots in front of venue I was headed to. Turned out this super stylish girl was the JoiStarr I was coming to see play there that night. That's when I realized she was the same girl on stage with Kanye wearing wearing the cool ass shoulder pads the year prior. Besides possessing an out of this world penchant for fashion and being genuinely sweet as apple pie, she's got star power to nth degrees. Needless to say, it's only natural for a true star to step into her own light and let it shine.

JoiStarr sings "Hold On"(2:49) and "Mr. Forever"