Friday, September 14, 2012

Runway Inspiration: Playing It Safe

The New York Times called the collection "Safe Stripes", in other words-- Nothing New. Zzzzz... But there is no denying that Michael Kors is a commercial genius and always spot on the trends. I admire him because he is 100% true to his American aesthetic. While working at Michael Kors I came to appreciate the fact that everything was always easy & efortless. Now that we are on the cusp of fall and already looking at Spring 2013 shows its easy to get lost in translation. I always love it because the best end of the season sales are now and I not only use spring shows to see what's next, but to get inspired for the Right Now. I believe in carrying pieces into seasons and mixing it all up. So as I came across a cute skirt on Gilt.com today, I immediately thought of the MK show from earlier and how I'd I'd style the skirt. So there you have it: Safe collections can inspire you to stay on trend without being too trendy.


Skirt, Kate Spade New York. Cropped Turtleneck, Danshunz. Shoes, Steven by Steve Madden. Bag, Michael by Michael Kors.